Monday, June 8, 2015
Various "The Traitors Gate Folk Club - Five Years On" LP Stereo 1982
The Traitors Gate Folk Club was the folk venue to go to in Adelaide in the late '1970s and early 1980s. I attended the club a couple of times when they were using the Leicester Hotel in Parkside as a venue.
This LP was released in 1982 featuring singers who performed at the club over the years but they are not live performances. The record was released with an informative insert but we do not have it.
The LP had quite a few glitches - quite a high level of crackles and pops and the vocals had far too many moments of distortion. I have managed to clean the recordings to a good standard so please ignore the occasional residual glitches. The album is quite enjoyable and has a little of something for everybody.
1. Heights of Alma - Lis and John Munro
2. She moved through the fair - John Francis
3. If wishes were fishes - Irene Petrie
4. Queen amang the heather - Bob Hardie
5. Long Shadows - Lynne Muir
6. Patriot Prejudice - Bryan Cullen
7. The legend of Kelly - Eric Bogle
8. Jigs: Denny Delaney's, Morrison's - Joe Manning and Warwick Nottage
9. Only our rivers (run free) - Margaret Monks
10. The Week before Easter (The False Bride, I once loved a lass) - Denis Tracey
11. The town I loved so well - Phil Cunneen
12. Down and out blues - Chris McGloin and Bryan Monaghan
New Link 12 Feb 2017
Click here to commence downloading the compressed album file with slip graphics.
File is 61Mb. Tracks are MP3 @224-256VBR
Let me know if download is no longer available and I will re-up the file.